The Amber Flag is an initiative run by Pieta House which recognises the individual efforts of primary and secondary schools, youth reach, third level institutions, community groups, clubs and companies to create healthy, inclusive environments that support mental wellbeing. Pieta House is our Whole school charity for this school year.
Following on from the success of the Active Flag, we have decided to take part in the Amber Flag in order to promote positive mental health and wellbeing at Rylane N.S. Successful completion of the Amber Flag initiative involves the whole school community coming together in order to create a safe, positive and healthy attitude towards our general physical and mental health and well-being. The school community will take part in many positive mental health activites throughout the year.
We have some great ideas on how to promote positive mental health:
- Create an Amber Flag notice board in the hall with a positive ‘thought for the month’ these are also displayed in each classroom.
- Feel good school song, “Here Comes The Sun”. We will treat you all to a rendition shortly!
- Formation of an Amber Flag/Student Council known as Wellness Warriors.
- Introduction of , ‘Suggestion Box’ – Children can give their suggestions to the Wellness Warriors.
- Fundraising activities throughout the year such as Halloween Dress up day, Christmas Carol service, Christmas jumper day, Green Day and Inside out day.
- Thankful Turkeys to celebrate Thanksgiving and gratitude in our lives.
- Achievement Tree
The Amber Flag Initiative
View more news