The Amber Flag is an initiative run by Pieta House which recognises the individual efforts of primary and secondary schools, youth reach, third level institutions, community groups, clubs and companies to create healthy, inclusive environments that support mental wellbeing. Pieta House is our Whole school charity for this school year.
Following on from the success of the Active Flag, we have decided to take part in the Amber Flag in order to promote positive mental health and wellbeing at Rylane N.S. Successful completion of the Amber Flag initiative involves the whole school community coming together in order to create a safe, positive and healthy attitude towards our general physical and mental health and well-being. The school community will take part in many positive mental health activites throughout the year.
We have some great ideas on how to promote positive mental health:
- Create an Amber Flag notice board in the hall with a positive ‘thought for the month’ these are also displayed in each classroom.
- Feel good school song, “Here Comes The Sun”. We will treat you all to a rendition shortly!
- Formation of an Amber Flag/Student Council known as Wellness Warriors.
- Introduction of , ‘Suggestion Box’ – Children can give their suggestions to the Wellness Warriors.
- Fundraising activities throughout the year such as Halloween Dress up day, Christmas Carol service, Christmas jumper day, Green Day and Inside out day.
- Thankful Turkeys to celebrate Thanksgiving and gratitude in our lives.
- Achievement Tree
The Amber Flag Initiative
View more news
Well done to all the girls in 4th, 5th and 6th Class that took part in the 4th, 5th and 6th Class FAI soccer blitz in Blarney on Monday, 19th February. The school entered two teams. Both teams played extremely well. One team has now qualified for the next round while...
We have been learning about the solar system in 2nd, 3rd and 4th class. We were really interested in learning all about the planets! Take a look at our Solar System.
Our classroom were learning about 3D shapes this week. Take a look at our constructions
The whole school came together to make St. Brigid’s Day Crosses to celebrate the 1st February. [gallery size="large"...
Clothes Collection 23rd February 2023
The children in 2nd class are really enjoying hurling with Paddy! They are practising skills and playing matches.
All the children came together to make Christmas wreaths in the hall. Every child made wonderful pieces to take home.
Susan from Cork Mental Health recently visited the school to talk to the children all about mental health and of its importance to discuss how we are feeling everyday.
Sheila from Barnardos came to the school recently to give a presentation workshop on cyber safety.