Explanation of Symbols on our School Crest
- The first section represents our rich archaeological heritage with the backdrop of “The Hills around Rylane”.
- The open book symbolizes the learning which has taken place in the school over many years.
- The football, sliotar, camán and music symbol symbolise the great traditions of sport, music and song in Rylane.
- The image of children at play, forming an unbroken circle symbolises friendship, cooperation and community, which is very important in our school and is very evident in our school community.
- Beneath the crest is our school motto: “Chun Mhaitheas an Linbh” (for the good of the individual child). Boards of Management, Parents’ Associations and teachers work together collegially for the welfare of the children attending the school.